When we look back over the last few years, we see how much technology has changed. As a society, we've become so reliant on computers and smartphones that a day without them feels tedious and empty. Because almost everyone now owns a computer or a smartphone, hackers have turned their attention to internet-connected products.
There's no reason not to put a password on our hard drive because it benefits us in various ways. However, the issue occurs when we forget the passwords to our hard disc drives. Keeping a password backup is a good idea because we can't access the encrypted drives without inputting the correct password.
Top 5 Best Hard Disk Password Remover Software Free Download
This post will show you the Top 5 Best Hard Disk Password Remover Software Free Download to unlock and recover hard disc passwords. So, let's get this party started.
This is one of the best and easiest-to-use programs for removing HDD passwords quickly. The software removes the passwords for IDE and SATA hard disc drives, which is a huge plus.
You won't believe this, but the software can also deactivate the master password that users have set. However, if something goes wrong during the reset procedure, your data may be lost.
- Re-use IDE and SATA hard discs by unlocking them.
- It's a simple and easy-to-use UI.
- Before selecting a drive to unlock, run a preliminary scan.
- Firewire drives, RAID disc arrays, and USB drives are not supported.
- The data on the drive is still lost once it is opened.
- The time it takes to unlock is comparable to a complete hard drive reformatting.
On Windows 10 machines, this is one of the most remarkable and most capable hard drive diagnostic and information tools available. This software only works in DOS mode and provides the same control over the hard disc as its competitor.
The prominent feature of this software that distinguishes it from others is that it does not necessitate a high level of CPU load, memory, or other resources and can operate as smoothly as other apps. You can also expect results from this software in minutes than hours, which is a very short period of time.
- UI that is easy to use
- operate with IDE and SATA controllers
- functions without the need for installation;
- work at a high rate
- DOS-based work;
- For a long time, there had been no updates.
Every Hard Disk has a master password set up for the device's security and to recover data if the password is forgotten.
You may quickly recover the password for your HDD by using the master password and then resetting it to your liking.
- There are numerous features.
- It is entirely free to use
- We haven't discovered any disadvantages yet.
Ophcrack is primarily a Windows password cracker, although it can also crack passwords on hard drives. Because the tool does not require access to Windows, you can crack or recover the password.
The ISO image file must be downloaded, burned to a USB Flash Drive or CD, and then booted. Then, to hack the complex disc drive password, follow the on-screen instructions.
- It is available for free download on the internet.
- Passwords are automatically recovered using the LiveCD method.
- To retrieve passwords, no program installation is required.
- It is not essential to know any existing passwords.
- A LiveCD ISO image of 649MB / 425MB must be downloaded.
- Before using the LiveCD ISO image, it must be burned on a disc or USB device.
- Passwords with more than 14 characters are not recoverable.
Kon-Boot is another excellent free password reset tool for cracking hard drive passwords. The most amazing part about Kon-Boot is that it is elementary to use and compatible with the Windows operating system. You can use the software to reset Windows passwords and hard drive passwords.
- The Kon-Boot program is entirely safe for use.
- Kon-assistance Boot is excellent.
- Doesn't function with USB drives.
- Newer or 64-bit Windows operating systems are not supported.
We All Need Privacy – EaseUS LockyMyFile
The documents include a lot of sensitive information that can't be shared with anybody else. All of the data should be kept protected. EaseUS LockMyFile is a military-grade encryption tool. It enables you to lock and hide folders on a flash drive, external USB drive, internal hard drive, and other storage devices.
EaseUS LockMyFile allows you complete control over the security of many files, folders, and even entire drives. It enables you to protect a file folder and a drive with a single password. You can use the context menu in Windows Explorer to lock a file or folder or drag and drop it into the program's main window. Using your e-mail address, you can retrieve your password if you forget it.
- Supports file hiding, locking, and encryption.
- Local discs, external discs, and network shares are all supported.
- Support for AES 256-bit encryption
- Tools for keeping track of folder activity
- Tool for deleting files safely (file shredder)
- Both GLF and EXE encrypted file types are supported.
- Self-decrypting (EXE) formats are supported.
- Stealth mode — aids in the concealment of app installation evidence.
Price: It starts $29.95/Monthly.
Compatibility: Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/10/11
The Bottom Line
So, those are the top five best free hard disc password removal software downloads. I hope you found this material useful! Please share it with your friends as well. We strongly advise you to install EaseUS LockMyFile if you want extra privacy for your data. The mix of ease of use and solid security is the key with LockMyFile, a combination that appears to work quite well and gives a practical security utility in the process.